Sunday, September 18, 2011

Little Blue Dresser

Just finished work on this little dresser and am so happy with how it turned out.  The top was good, so I just sanded it lightly and gave it a couple coats of tung oil.  The base and drawers were primed, painted, slightly distressed, and then waxed with clear and dark wax.  I painted the insides of the drawers and gave them new crystal knobs.  I love what the wax does to the paint--really mellows it out and gives it such a soft sheen.  It's prettier than the picture shows, but I'm having trouble loading photos lately, so am thankful to get this shot up (I don't know what's going on with that--I can upload them from my camera to iPhoto, but then they do weird stuff when I try to put them on a post--any thoughts?).

Anyway, this is done and ready for a new home, if anyone is interested!





















By the way, it's thanks to my very patient husband and helpful mom and dad that I can indulge in this little hobby.  Ben hauled home two dressers and a buffet that I bought at an auction yesterday.  We didn't have room for them, so Mom and Dad cheerfully rearranged in their garage so I could store them there.  Thanks, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment