Friday, November 4, 2011

Footstool

While it may appear to some that I will paint anything that stands still, I actually do appreciate beautiful wood finishes, too.  I picked up this little footstool a couple of weeks ago, thinking it would be fun to paint and distress with all the carvings on those curved legs.  One thing led to another and after doing some sanding, I decided to see what stripper would do to the old finish.  It came off easily, so I stripped it, sanded some more, and decided to stop there.  The raw wood finish is very nice.  I reupholstered the cushion and called it done!

      

And here's the before:



I'll have this for sale at the upcoming craft fair, but will probably ask hundreds of dollars for 'cause I like it and want to keep it.  Ha!









No comments:

Post a Comment