Saturday, August 6, 2011

First New Room Project

With everything freshly installed in my new sewing room, I dived right into a project that just kind of designed itself.  I decided that I would not follow any of the traditional quilting "rules" and have fun with this one.  And did I!

I did the quilting (by machine) first, instead of at the end of the quilt.  Then I got into my stash of hand dyed fabrics and randomly pieced strips (cutting with scissors instead of the rotary cutter).  I arranged and pinned these onto the quilted background and then hand sewed along the edges.

I am usually a very traditional quilter, but loved the freedom and color that came with this quilt.   It went together quickly and just doesn't take itself too seriously.  I think its name is "Ode to Retirement!"



















No comments:

Post a Comment