Thursday, July 28, 2011

Painting Update

I have been a painting machine this week!  I'm too tired to write much, but here's how things are looking:

























I used a Benjamin Moore color, Decorators White in flat, which the lumberyard mixed for me using their Pittsburgh Paint.  It's a very clean white and really brightened up the room especially after seeing it brown for the last few years.  After we got the walls painted and realized the woodwork needed it, too, I headed back to the lumberyard for more Decorators White in semi-gloss.  At that point the carpet was really looking beige and knowing the wood floor under it was in pretty good shape, I decided to tear it out.  So glad I did!  As soon as the baseboard paint was on, we picked up the Duncan Phyfe table that I bought at the thrift store last week.  Ben had to pretty much dismantle it in order to get it in the house, but it did make it  easier to paint.  It got primer and two coats of the white paint I had left over from the entryway floor project.  A great transformation!  I also painted an old green bookcase (with leftover paint from the trim) and a little cupboard.











































Next step, reassemble the table and start moving in!

And figure out how to get yellow paint off the dog (only a little bit . . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment