Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Entryway Floor

This has been a busy week with a lot of projects in the works (which I, of course, love).  The stuffed owl was so much fun that I have further modified the pattern and am working on a baby grackle.  The Atwater Kent 1930 radio cabinet that I picked up over the 4th is almost done--just one more coat of paint.  And work on the entryway floor continues.  I marked, taped off, and painted half the dark squares.  I'll let it "cure" for a few days and then tape off and paint the remainder to finish the checkerboard design.  Maybe.  We actually really like it as is.  And we like the way the green tape looked, too.  It might be too modern for this house, but the charcoal gray squares with narrow green borders would definitely be a fun finish (or a fun quilt).  Any opinions?








































And yes, it was somewhat of a miracle that I was able to do this with all the four-legged interest.  I guess it speaks to the discipline that I've instilled in our dog.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Add my vote for added green.
    Rachel - Two Dog Pond

    ReplyDelete