Sunday, July 15, 2012

Whitewashed Bench

As simple as it is, it took me a few months to decide what to do with this little bench.  I finally sanded off all the finish (varnish and stain), dry brushed on Old White, and then went with the striped red fabric for the seat.  I think it has a nice "beachy" look now.


I filled in for Joanie down at Liberty House on Friday (which was fun!).  It gave me time to get my little room clean and restocked.  I am happy to learn that the yellow and white striped RCA cabinet sold Saturday--and even got to see pictures of it in its new home! ( Thanks, Angel!)


I've been working on a dresser this weekend--using some Annie Sloan paint in Provence (a turquoise).  I kept trying out different finishes on it (wax, glaze, etc.)--not quite satisfied yet--so that means a lot of re-painting and layers building up.  Ben says that's why my pieces get so heavy . .  .


No comments:

Post a Comment