Sunday, May 29, 2011

Into retirement

It is Day 4 of retirement.  My classroom is empty, I have turned in my keys, and my name is no longer on the door.  And I'm good.  It definitely feels different than the normal end-of-a-school-year-beginning-of-summer feeling, but I think I'm going to adjust (smile, wink).  I've done my usual weekend activities--cleaning, laundry, trip to the store--but am seeing that I don't have to cram all the chores into Saturday and Sunday anymore.  I'm also realizing that instead of crashing on the couch and falling asleep by 9:00 after a day of work that I now have energy to do what I want to do.  So I have jumped right into a big clean out, a painting project, bike rides, time in the garden, a garage sale or two, and a baseball game.  And, of course, this all mean more time with my family.  Life is good.



Salt Dogs vs. Wichita Wingnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment