Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Seed Sack Chair in AS Graphite

I must be the patron saint of unloved furniture.  This chair was the last item up for bid at a recent auction.  Nobody wanted it, so I got it for $1.00.  Chairs are not my favorite thing to re-do, but when I pay that little for one I think of it as a good opportunity to try out a finish.

So here's what I did:

Two coats of Annie Sloan Graphite, gentle sanding on the edges, followed by AS clear wax.  You can see what a difference the wax makes in the color of the Graphite if you compare this to my previous post about the "Apothecary" chest.  I like both finishes--it's just a matter of what look you want.  Finally, the seat was recovered with a neat old Dekalb seed sack.

It's down at Liberty House waiting for a new home.





No comments:

Post a Comment