Friday, December 30, 2011

Ah, biscuits!


I've been very neglectful about blogging the past few weeks, but not about eating!  Now I must share this wonderful biscuit recipe from www.plainchicken.blogspot.com.  They are very simple to make and have a great texture and taste.  I'd rate them right up there with KFC biscuits--and well above any I've tried to make over the years.

2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-Up
1/4 cup melted butter

While oven is preheating to 450 degrees, melt the butter in a 9-inch square pan.
Meanwhile, in a bowl cut sour cream into the Bisquick.  Add the 7-Up.  It's a very soft wet dough.  Sprinkle additional Bisquick on the counter and pat dough out.  It's very sticky, so I sprinkled more Bisquick on top.  The recipe said to cut the biscuits with a round cutter, but they squared up as they baked, so I thought it was easier and less wasteful to just cut the square of dough into nine smaller squares with a knife.  Put them into the pan on top of the melted butter.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Photo from plainchicken.com

4 comments:

  1. They make my mouth water just looking at the pictue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried these - light, fluffy and fattening! What a great combination!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they something?!! We're finding ourselves planning dinners around what will go with these biscuits. And yes, we'll probably be huge if we keep this up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... i know what i am planning for my next day "off" (calorie counting!)

    ReplyDelete